We spend our lives comparing ourselves to the “average.”
This goes for all sorts of things, including grades, athletic performance, looks and height.
When I was young, I consistently measured far above average in height. I was always the tallest child of my age group by at least a head. By the age of 12, I was nearly 5’5″ and everyone was telling me I would grow to be as tall as my father (who is over 6′ tall).
But, something funny happened at age 12. All of a sudden, out of the blue, I stopped growing. I never grew past 5’5″, and went from far above average to barely reaching it.
At one point in my life I was above average in height—now, not so much.
That’s what we’re going to attempt to do today in this PeerFly affiliate network review.
PeerFly claims that it isn’t your average affiliate network. But what do the facts say? How does this company really compare to the “average” affiliate network?
In this article, you’ll see five reasons why I think PeerFly truly is above average, as well as why you should get involved with this affiliate network.
Time to get the measuring tape out!
Who Is Behind PeerFly?
This affiliate network hasn’t been around as long as some of the other big names in affiliate marketing. However, that doesn’t mean that PeerFly has simply followed the model of other affiliate networks.
Launched in 2009, this company has broken the mold and become something different in its field. It’s run by only 15 team members, so it lacks the corporate feel of the larger networks.
PeerFly also claims that it’s one of a kind. Why make such a bold statement? Because they’re a unique affiliate network based on the principle of CPA (cost per action) instead of the normal CPS (cost per sale) model that most networks follow.
In fact, PeerFly was ranked as the second-best CPA network in 2016 (by a very close margin). If the trends of the last few years continue, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see PeerFly at the top of the list for 2017.
But you may be wondering, what’s CPA marketing and how is it different from your average affiliate network?
What’s the Difference Between CPA Marketing and Affiliate Marketing?
As we mentioned above, CPA stands for “cost per action.”
This means that the affiliate marketer will get paid when the user clicks on the link from your website and completes a certain action.
For example, let’s say a company wants to get more leads. They may enlist the help of affiliates (through a network like PeerFly) to promote a link to a form to fill out, a free e-book to download or something similar. The business tells you what sort of action they’re looking for, and affiliates promote the right links to lead people to that action.
Each time that a user goes from your website to the merchant’s website and completes the required action, you get paid.
On the one hand, this opens up a huge amount of opportunities for conversion. After all, if you’re trying to lead people to actions that don’t involve sales, you’ll likely be getting a higher number of commissions.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that the CPA model does tend to pay a bit less than the CPS model.
Another downside of CPA is that it’s often associated with spammy offers that people tend to be wary of. For example, the typical “fill out this form and enter to win a free iPad” sort of ads. Affiliates need to be careful if they want to maintain their credibility.
That being said, there are plenty of benefits to using PeerFly’s CPA model. What are some of the features that make PeerFly truly rise above other affiliate networks? Let’s see!
PeerFly Review: 5 Reasons This Isn’t Your Average Affiliate Network
1. A CPA Network That Works for Its Affiliates
With this CPA-based network, you’ll be given plenty of opportunities for marketing and conversion. Since people are much more likely to complete an action that doesn’t cost them anything, you’ll likely see good results with CPA marketing.
More than that, PeerFly is constantly working to help its affiliates and put them on the road to success with the right technology and merchant match-ups.
2. Guaranteed Highest Payouts
How much of a commission do you think the conglomerate affiliate networks take? In order to pay all of the employees that work for them, I’m guessing they take a hefty chunk out of what would be the affiliate’s earnings.
On the other hand, do you remember how many people PeerFly has on their team? That’s right, just 15! With such a small team, PeerFly provides better payouts for affiliates.
But that’s not all.
PeerFly also guarantees that they’ll match or pay even more than any other network. That’s a win for the affiliates!
3. Variety of Payout Options
How do you prefer to get paid?
Most of the time, we as affiliates don’t have the luxury of choosing our favorite payout option. However, PeerFly offers payouts through PayPal, Amazon gift cards, checks, bank wire, Payoneer and even Bitcoin!
Talk about options!
4. Free Training for New Affiliates
New affiliates often feel like they’re trying to keep up with a stampede when they join a large affiliate network. However, PeerFly’s small yet dedicated team has created free training and tools to help newbies adjust to the world of affiliate (and CPA) marketing.
5. Open to Affiliates the World Over
Most affiliate networks restrict who’s allowed inside based on where they live and work. PeerFly has erased the borders and opened their affiliate network to people from literally any country in any vertical.
In Summary: The High and Low Points of the PeerFly Affiliate Network
- Smaller internal team means maximized payouts to affiliates. If you’re looking for the biggest payouts for CPA, PeerFly guarantees them.
- More earning options through CPA. You don’t have to refer sales to make money. This means you’ll see better conversions on new leads.
- Flexible payment options. You can see your hard-earned cash in nearly any form. Also, affiliates choose whether they want net 30, net 15 or even weekly payments.
- All countries accepted. No matter where you’re located, you can apply to join this network.
- Help for newbies. Free training and tools are available right at your fingertips!
- Earn rewards through contests and programs. PeerFly offers plenty of incentives for its affiliates, helping you to boost your revenue.
- 2,000 merchants with over 8,000 offers. Put simply, this means you have an incredible amount of opportunities to promote and make money!
- Somewhat rigorous application process. PeerFly itself admits that the application process isn’t easy. The best way to get in is by providing as much information as you can from the start, especially about your marketing tactics.
- Some affiliates complain of slow customer service. However, others say that their affiliate manager was quick to respond, so this may just be due to the number of moving pieces between merchants, affiliates and PeerFly itself.
- Beware of junk offers. As mentioned above, CPA networks often feature somewhat spammy-looking offers for affiliates to promote. If you want to maintain a good online reputation for yourself and your business, you’ll need to choose carefully the offers that you promote.
Final Thoughts on PeerFly
Obviously, PeerFly has some great features that make it a truly unique affiliate network. The CPA model makes it easier for affiliates to earn money, and their guarantee to give the highest payout is a very lucrative offer for affiliates.
So, can CPA replace your normal affiliate marketing efforts? As with anything, I like to stick with the motto, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.”
While CPA has its advantages, it also has its downfalls. The same could be said of CPS. For the best results, I recommend a mixture of CPA and CPS models in your affiliate marketing strategy. In that way, you’re never too dependent on one.
And what of the network itself? PeerFly is a fantastic affiliate network that deserves all of our attention. Each year, it’s climbing the charts and for good reason.
It truly does rise above the average network, and it may even help you become an above-average affiliate.
Hold Up, We Have Something for You!
Ready to take your affiliate marketing to the next level?
Want to see a real increase in organic traffic reaching your affiliate site?
That’s a whole month of valuable, actionable insights on your keyword rankings, SEO metrics, backlinks and competitor SEO strategies.
It might be just what you need to finally see your affiliate site take off.