Anyone who loves science fiction as much as I do knows that bringing order to the universe is inevitably harder than it looks.
Whether it’s hostile aliens, uncooperative starship captains or an evil Jedi, somebody is always there to disrupt the balance.
Sometimes, SEO can feel like the same kind of chaos.
The ultimate goal is to rank better, to achieve order in our website’s SEO universe.
Unfortunately, something always seems to get in the way.
And many times, that something involves the tools we’re using.
With Advanced Web Ranking, however, that problem might be solved.
If you’re looking to bring order to an SEO campaign that seems to have lost its way to the final frontier, keep reading.
This easy-to-use SEO tool might be just what you need!
Who’s Behind Advanced Web Ranking?
Advanced Web Ranking (also known as AWR) was started way back in 2002, and was promoted as the first rank tracking solution for Mac.
Now with 15 years in business, they’ve had enough time to hone this tool into the rank tracking beast it’s become.
AWR boasts over 24,000 users in 170 countries around the world. Its most unique feature is the fact that it’s truly international, allowing you to track ranking for localized search engines in locations all over the world.
Designed for large projects and agencies, AWR is simple to use yet powerful enough to meet your SEO needs.
Advanced Web Ranking Review: Bringing Order to Your SEO Universe
Fresh Ranking Data at Your Fingertips
AWR sees to it that your ranking information is accurate. This tool compiles all ranking data, allowing you to choose the intervals at which you see fresh data.
AWR can update your data daily, weekly, biweekly or even on demand with a one-hour turnaround time!
There are a lot of different results blended together in search engines nowadays. However, Advanced Web Ranking doesn’t leave any of them out. That means you’ll also see the right data when it comes to the local pack, featured snippet, top stories, people also ask, and more!
Start by inputting the keywords that you want to rank for, and then see how your website is ranking for those keywords.
In the “Keywords” section under the Ranking tab, you’ll see how your pages rank for each of the keywords that you previously input. AWR tells you what position those keywords are in, as well as what page of the SERPs they appear on and which SERP features they’re presented in.
You can also compare how you rank for the same keywords in different search engines under the Comparison tab.
But this gets one step better:
You can also see how your competition ranks in these different search engines for the same keywords. All you have to do is manually input your competitors, and see where their pages are ranking.
Unique Metrics to See Your Visibility
Want to see just how visible you really are? Advanced Web Ranking gives you some unique metrics to check your website’s visibility online with the keywords you’re tracking.
First, you’ll see your visibility evolution, including metrics such as:
- Visibility Score: AWR has created a points system which assigns visibility points based on the ranking position for the selected search engines and keywords. For example, position 1 has 30 visibility points, going down until position 31, which has 0 points. So, the higher this score, the better!
- Visibility Percent: The Visibility Score divided by the total number of points that search engines could give.
- Average Rank: The sum of all keyword ranking positions divided by the number of keywords.
- Click Share: Estimated percentage of clicks based on ranking position.
For all of these metrics, simply click into the list to see historical data.
You’ll also see the ranking distribution of the keywords you’re tracking, showing how your pages rank throughout the SERPs.
Finally, with historical data, you’ll see metrics that show you how your ranking has changed over time for all keywords.
Localized Information for the Place and Language You Need
Seeing how you rank locally is important to any local business.
AWR allows you to get the local ranking information you need, no matter where in the world you are!
If you’re an SEO agency, Advanced Web Ranking is about to open your horizons. While some tools are limited by the locations or languages that they serve, AWR doesn’t have this problem.
It’s fully optimized for worldwide SERP domination, wherever your clients are and whatever language they speak.
This includes languages with special characters and search engine information for countries that use unique search engines. Full functionality is provided even for search engines like Baidu in China and Yandex in Russia.
Fully Customizable Reports
AWR makes creating reports easier than ever. They give you the option of using their pre-made, pre-filled reports. These are already packed with loads of information, as well as helpful charts and graphs.
You can choose from reports that focus on SEO performance, competitor analysis, keyword rank, search visibility or search markets.
Want to create your own customized reports? No problem. Just use the handy report editor and get started.
Within the editor, you can add text, images and a plethora of different charts, graphs and KPIs for your clients or in-house team to analyze.
You can also fully customize the format of these reports, choosing your favorite fonts, adding columns and page breaks, and deciding on the right headers.
Once you have your reports the way you like them, you can set these reports to generate themselves automatically at regular intervals. You can then have these reports sent out automatically to the email addresses that you input.
The Pros and Cons of Advanced Web Ranking
- Dig into the powerful developer API for a customized experience. AWR allows developers to play around with their API, giving them the ability to integrate full SERP data with any in-house tools your team uses.
- Geo-located proxy servers give you the same ranking info your clients and searchers see in their location. That way, the ranking information is always accurate to the location you’re targeting.
- Google tools integration available. Get even more metrics by linking Google Analytics, Search Console and Keyword Planner.
- Information for over 3,000 search engines in 130 countries. You can track your rank in pretty much any search engine, anywhere in the world!
- Built for your business’s growth. This tool lets you track rank in unlimited search engines, and allows you to increase the number of keywords you track as your business expands.
- Unlimited users, with access control. Whether your team is big or small, everyone can have a part. AWR also allows you to control what kind of access each user has.
- Completely whitelabel both the tool and the reports. That way, you’ll only see your company’s branding smoothly across the platform.
- Is fully focused on rank tracking. This means that AWR won’t help you with other SEO information, such as in-depth competitor analysis and link monitoring.
- Some minor UX issues in the web app. For example, some of the tabs seem to present redundant information, and I couldn’t find a way to add new keywords to a project once it had been created.
Advanced Web Ranking prices start at $49 per month.
This price includes 2,000 tracked keywords and all the features discussed above, except for the on-demand refresh for ranking data and access to the developer API.
The most well-rounded plan for agencies is $199 per month, which includes 14,500 tracked keywords along with all the extra features.
Is AWR the Right Tool for You?
Advanced Web Ranking wants to bring order to your keyword universe.
This simple tool is very easy to get a handle on, and provides you with fast, accurate information from SERPs around the world.
Personally, I feel that this tool is excellent for large-scale operations with an in-house SEO team. But even smaller businesses can take advantage of the cheaper plan, which still gets you everything you need to succeed in the SERPs.
It’s also extremely useful for agencies who are focused on getting their clients to rank better.
All in all, Advanced Web Ranking is a fantastic tool to track your rank and keep your business (or that of your clients) on the front pages of SERPs.
So, are you ready to bring order to your SEO universe?