Want to be number one?
The days of manually checking keyword rankings are long gone.
Seriously, going to Google, typing in your targeted keywords. and clicking through page after page is like caveman-level SEO management.
When working with SEO for any kind of content, then you need to see keyword rankings at a glance.
If you’ve taken a look online, you might have noticed an assortment of tools for this out there.
What’s good? What’s not so good? And, most importantly, what’s actually worth your time, effort and money?
What Makes an Excellent Keyword Tracking Tool?
In the world of keyword tracking tools, very little comes free—and what does, doesn’t really get the job done effectively or efficiently.
So, no matter which tool you opt for, you’ll need to make an investment. And, naturally, that means you want to get the most bang for your buck.
Here’s what you’ll need to be on the lookout for:
- Sleek and simple
- Key information readily visible
- Doesn’t charge for an allegedly “deluxe” tool—trust me, you’ll never use those bells and whistles
- Lets you take your results to go, meaning you can share and download your data
Well, I’m here to tell you that SerpBook has it all, and then some! My content marketing team relies on this tool constantly—I’m on it at least three times per week.
Ever since I started using it, I’ve marveled at how well it incorporates the features listed above at an incredibly reasonable price. Let’s take a deeper look at what you’ll find on SerpBook.
Review: The Lowdown on SerpBook
Now we’ll take a better look at what SerpBook is and what it does for you.
First, you’ll start by creating categories for keywords. You’ll want to have a separate category for each site or type of content you’re managing.
Of course, the best way to organize things will depend on your needs. Just keep in mind that there are metrics tools applied to each category, and all the data is organized in a neat category snapshot so you can get a clear view of how all the keywords there are performing overall.
One lovely feature of SerpBook—one that other similar tools too often lack—is that you don’t have to use any feature you don’t want to use. Category snapshots not necessary for you? Turn them off, and make your account even more clean and simple. Don’t need multiple categories? Just lump all your keywords into one main list.
You can always use their tags to quickly sort the keywords that are in the same category.
It’s as simple as can be to add keywords. Add your domain URL, add a keyword—or a whole bunch of keywords, if you want them all to be ranked for the same URL.
If you want to see which pages on your site are ranking for which keywords, then the URL can be the primary domain URL. Then SerpBook will tell you which pages are ranking for all your entered keywords. This is ideal for blog management, where your individual posts may be ranking high for unexpected keywords.
If you want to track the ranking of a keyword for one specific web page, you can check the “Exact” checkbox. So, you can track the ranking of one specific blog post for one specific keyword.
This level of flexibility in a rank tracking tool is hard to find without paying through the nose. So, if you like what you just read, SerpBook is definitely right for you.
Viewing Your Rankings
Now it’s time for the really juicy stuff. This is what SerpBook is all about. As with other features, you have the ability to make this as simple or as complex as you like.
If you just came for the main event—rankings of keywords on Google—then the process of checking your rankings in straightforward. Just click the Google icon on the keyword ranking page. This will instantly order your keywords from highest to lowest ranking. One more click, and you’ll see them from lowest to highest.
Are you a data geek? You can choose all the delicious metrics you want to view at a glance.
The Best of the Best Features on SerpBook
I’ll run you through which features are, in my book, the highlights of SerpBook, making it stand out far beyond the pack when it comes to keyword rank tracking.
- Streamlined Layout — I’ve remarked about its simplicity already, but this has to land on the top of SerpBook’s “best features” list. The clean layout means faster loading and navigating, even when you have an unwieldy number of keywords.
My content marketing team is approaching 1,200 keywords now, yet somehow clicking, ordering, charting, downloading and analyzing the data is a snap. It moves lightning fast, unburdened by extraneous features. When you want to use a more complex feature, it’s a click away—but it never interferes with the speed and smooth processing on the main rank tracking page.
- Highly Compatible with Google Analytics — Sync up your Google Analytics account and let the magic happen. If you’ve got multiple accounts, you can sync multiple accounts and play with them all, no sweat.
- Shows Rankings for Different Kinds of Content — You can check on rankings for Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, Google Maps, and regional and local listings. There’s something for everyone doing online marketing, regardless of format and desired outcome.
- Notifies You of Major Events — You get to dictate what’s “major” in your book. Set up your SerpBook to notify you via email every time there are 5, 10, 30, 100 or 400 significant ranking changes.
- It’s a Data Wonderland — Pretty much everything visible on your account can be clicked, viewed and analyzed on a deeper level. For example, click the little metrics button (the icon is a tiny, multicolored bar graph) next to any keyword to see how its rankings have changed for various search engines since the dawn of keyword existence, or just check out what’s been going on in the past month or week.
- It’s Insanely Customizable — I’ve already been gushing about this, but you’ve got to leave knowing that everything on SerpBook can be clicked and adjusted to your liking. This is, without a doubt, the most easy-to-customize rank tracking tool.
- Everything’s Readily Verifiable — Click the little spyglass icon next to any keyword to instantly verify its listed ranking.
All in all, it’s the perfect blend of simple, customizable and advanced. This makes it perfect for anyone doing any kind of work with keywords.
Have one blog that you write for and manage completely on your own? A basic SerpBook plan will be an extremely affordable, approachable and effective option.
Are you completely new to the SEO game? This is the best possible starting point, as SerpBook is both easy-to-use and intuitive.
Working with numerous clients in a larger SEO operation? An upgraded SerpBook plan will give you everything you could possible need.
So, maybe you caught the word affordable floating around here a few times. Well, let me show you exactly how affordable this is. I’m talking ramen-noodles-for-days, cut-your-own-hair, haven’t-bought-new-clothes-in-two-years affordable.
Start out by taking advantage of the 14-day free trial they offer to everyone. You can get a lot done in 14 days.
You don’t even have to enter payment information to try it out, which means you don’t have to worry about canceling your subscription in time, if you decide not to continue.
If you do, the prices are a sight for sore eyes—sore from all the expensive competitors trying to sell you on features you’ve never considered using before. Just take a look at that Basic plan pricing! It’s ideal and affordable for anyone managing one small blog of their own.
After that, well, the prices are worth the increased amount of knowledge you’ll have about your web performance.
No matter what kind of work you’re doing out there on the big, wide Internet, this product is guaranteed to help you better understand your rankings. Use it to see what’s ranking and what’s not. Test out different SEO strategies and see what changes over time. The sky’s really the limit here—and the best part is that it’s not hard to customize SerpBook to meet your unique needs and desires.
Oh, and compared the rest of the competition for keyword rank trackers, you won’t find anything sleeker, simpler, faster and more advanced for a better price. Whether you’re a total SEO newbie, tech-phobic or a seasoned keyword wrangler, Serpbook is the recommended tool for managing keyword performance.